SludgeWire is a new subscription service that delivers news alerts on money in politics to news organizations and other groups.
We’re currently holding a Reddit AMA about a new data set we’ll be using for the SludgeWire service.
Sludge reporters comb through political spending data to send you unique email alerts on:
- campaign contributions
- election spending
- lobbying disclosures, including financial transactions
- legislative actions, with a calendar of events
- advertising information
- travel reports, and more
SludgeWire enables newsrooms to spot potential money-in-politics stories with timely updates.
SludgeWire comes from the investigative journalists at Sludge, a team including a 2017 Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing (SABEW) award winner for Breaking News.
To discuss SludgeWire options and pricing, fill out our very short Google Form. We’ll be in touch right away.
SludgeWire subscribers receive custom alerts based on their geographic region or coverage areas that identify elusive money-in-politics stories, with more leads for reporting.
Since our launch in June of 2018, Sludge has co-published articles with Capital & Main, WNYC, Fast Company, and The Young Turks Investigates. Sludge’s reporting has been cited by CNN, HuffPost, Politico, Guardian US, The Daily Beast, The Appeal, Popular Information, and more.
- Who Is Making Money from ICE in Your State? – and “sanctuary cities” – inspired an NYC Council Resolution and new public hearings, with follow-up reporting in more states & cities.
- Special Interests Illegally Funding Formerly-GOP Aligned Dems in N.Y. – state campaign data
- AT&T Tied to Supposed Startup Group Lobbying Against Net Neutrality in C.A. – lobbying info